One thing that a lot of people don’t fully understand is the concept of a hot water plumbing loop (also known as a hot water return or a ring main). The reason for this is not really all that surprizing. Anyone with mains water to their house probably wouldn’t even care about the concept. Most [..more..]
After attending Final selections Monday, Tuesday we received the site plans from our the engineers for both our shed pad and the access track. This is the final piece of the puzzle that we needed in order to make Tea Tree Gully council happy. In Hills Face Zone, the council requires details about anything that [..more..]
Monday Carly and I attended Format Homes for our Final selections. Things went very smoothly and we were very impressed at the range we had to choose from. In the end all we ended up needing to pay extra for was a few optional things we had requested. These included a 3rd coat of paint [..more..]
CGit is now the latest stable (0.8.2) which brings in a number of bug fixes, including some caching fixes and also adds tags and branches to log view as shown below:
Today a quick call to the council revealed that our plan is currently with the Department of Health. Apparently they are looking over the Septic tank system. I was told it’s been with them for a week now and approvals in general are taking 6 – 8 weeks.
One thing a lot of people are unaware of is just how much difference a good glass can make to their house. Many people think of glass as just being something to look through. But glass is much more than that. Glass is: A wind barrier A heat barrier An Insulator A protection mechanism A [..more..]
When deciding to build our home, Carly and I very quickly realised an Electric oven was not a practicle solution. With our electricity being generated from Solar, a standard electric oven using 2-3Kw of power per hour would drain our backup supply very rapidly. (We will only be generating about 10kw a day). Hence we [..more..]
Recently Ben and I have been trying to get a FreeBSD box to join an Active Directory domain. The domain controller was running Windows Server 2008. After a *lot* of stuffing around to get this working we finally found the solution to our problem – the version of samba. You see the problem we were [..more..]