This page documents the current state of the IWN driver for FreeBSD, the driver supports the Intel 4965AGN Wireless Card, often found in Intel Centrino based laptops. If your looking for the driver for the 3945 chipset check out the wpi page.
Note: A majorly updated version of the iwn driver has been committed to FreeBSD -Current (aka 8.0). This version is greatly advanced over the perforce version. If you intend to try the perforce version under 7.0 please make sure you are running 7.0-STABLE not 7.0-RELEASE
Details on how to help debug the driver are in README file that’s in the download package.
For those of you wanting to try the perforce version of the driver, the script P4fetch.rb will help you easily obtain the files. The script was provided by Tom Evans.
- Iwn Committed to FreeBSD -Current (aka 8.0)
- Perforce Version (Not yet tarballed – available here)
- Initial OpenBSD Import
- Many locking additions
- Lots of changes to get things working. At present, the card will talk with an unencrypted access point, pass packets but stops passing packets after a while.
- Major overhaul by Sam Leffler
- Perforce (VAP Branch)
- Major changes to support vap
At present installation of the driver is very much hands on.
To install the driver:
- Download from p4 using the scribe above
- Read the README file
FAQ / Build Issues
- No common FAQ’s as yet.
- Background scanning doesn’t yet exist.
Donations keep this site alive